Wednesday 6 July 2011

Inaugural blog post

I’ve wanted to get started on a food blog for a while. I love dining out, and drinking out, and I am also passionate about my home city of Cardiff so it seemed like a blog about where to eat, drink and be merry in the area would be a good start. However, there are already some brilliant blogs out there doing this – Cardiff Bites and Gourmet Gorro are two of my favourites -so I began to think of a slightly different angle to take.

At the same time as starting to seriously get interested in food, I began a diet. Can these two things go together? Can one enjoy eating out whilst watching the calories? Can I still cook what I want with one eye on the weighing scales? The last thing I want is for this to be a boring blog about my attempts to lose weight. Hopefully, it can combine some reviews of great places to eat in Cardiff and around, plus a few non-Wales eateries as well, some kitchen adventures of my own as I try out treats from the mountain of cookbooks I have (see 101cookbooks for a brilliant blog on this), and my general ponderances on all things food and drink related.

I’m new to this blogging lark so any and all comments are more than welcome.
Bon appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment